Locations outside of Darkwood Crossing and environs that are of note.
- Rokugan Lore – Introduction/refresher on the basics of Rokugani lore. Includes information on Rokugan and the Shadowlands
- City of New Rokugan – Rokugan’s former colony to the east.
- The Sundering – The area of the great ocean between New Rokugan and Rokugan effectively blocking ships from travelling from Rokugan to New Rokugan. Shukenja have noted a dark tint to the storms that strike ships that attempt to cross but no Rokugani taint has been detected.
- The Maelstrom – At the center of The Sundering sits perpetually roiling sea, going in a circle. Diviners of great skill have seen a huge eye looking at them when they attempt to divine into the storm.
- Old Jade Road – Build by the Othonians when they discovered and sent an army to conquer New Rokugan circa 1500 CE. Now in disrepair and with alternate routes built-in west of Amadora but still in good repair when it becomes the Great Road in Othonia.
- The Great Wastes – To the north and south of the Old Jade Road is what is generically called the Great Wastes. Generally flat land, it is mostly simply not explored.
- The Darklands – Named by the New Rokuganese, not many have made the journey to explore these lands. Shukenja say it is not taint that troubles these lands but goblins, orcs, and other “evil” humanoids do populate these windswept plains in great number.
- Greater Hummingbird Forest – Large forest bisected (east-west) by the great River Hakatere, occupied by wood elves and fey lords. Called the Forbidden Forest by both Othonians and New Rokuganese.
- The Feywild – Home of the fey.
- River Hakatore – Large river starting (some say) in a mountain in the Feywild and draining in the Illonsea at the border town (formerly New Othonia)
- Illonsea – Named so long ago nobody remembers, the Illonsea is rumored to connect the Southern Ocean to the Great Ocean (the one separating Rokugan from New Rokugan).
- White Plains – Area north of the border town, site of a great battle between Othonia and New Rokugan at New Othonia. Most useful items were removed with the two armies but bandits find this area defensible for camps and rumors abound of undead warriors reenacting scenes from their great war.
- Amadora – Former head trade city between New Rokugan and Othonia, after the Battle of White Plains it dwindled down to a small size. Most notable is an aging group of adventurers the patrol and protect the area as well as being the home base of the Mortimer Mayhem Big Top Circus.
- Othonia – Dominant nation in the region. Includes several provinces and conquered nations.
- The Great City – Capital city of Othonia. Entering the early steam age mixed with magical enchantments.
- Galles – Only unconquered nation to the east of the Laurel Mountains, it is made up of loosely allied warring lords and knights.
- City of Shal’d – Information on a conquered city.
- Safagro – Nation south of Othonia. Little is know of it.