All dates are according to the calendar of Othonia, the Western nation, and it’s common era.
- 0 CE – King Robert Othonia unites the lords of Gaves to form the Othonian nation. (Most common folk are not aware of what happened in 0 CE to start the common era.)
- Circa 1550 CE – Rokugani citizens throw off Othonian oppression and found New Rokugan far to the east of Othonia proper. All Othonian officials and citizens are asked to leave the new nation and several portions of the Spice Road between the countries are destroyed. Other strategic points are manned by each nation.
- 1563 CE – In the Feywild, Mithrendain is attacked by Fomorian Giants led by King Gheganith. Among the City of Autumn’s defenders are Princess Hellebore’s pixie Elite Guard. During the short series of battles, referred to as the Fomorian War, Candytuft and Mapleleaf of the Elite Guard are killed by Gheganith. In a vengeful charge, Hellebore slays Gheganith in single combat.
- 1592 CE – Tensions between the two nations culminates in the Battle of White Plains and the destruction of New Othonia, an ostentatiously-named trading town. The town is burnt to the ground by New Rokugani horsemen and relations cease between the nations.
- 1600 CE – New Rokugan loses contact with Rokugan after an enormous earthquake. Rokugani sailors report an impassible storm concealing a gigantic maelstrom now blocks the route to Rokugan proper. Monsters are said to swim the waters near the storm.
- 1607 CE – Military pensioners lay siege to the Great City of Othonia, are paid off and set to work building the city wall.
- June 1613 CE – After over twenty years of no contact, the merchants of Othonia convince officials to send a trade and diplomatic delegation to New Rokugan. To the surprise of the delegates, a treaty is ironed out and, over a period of months, approved by both governments.
- May 1614 CE – As stipulated by the Treaty of the New World (as it has come to be called), the New Rokugan delegation led by Master Phung arrives in Othonia via a powerful teleportation circle and joins Lord Zealand’s expedition to establish a new town of peace on the grounds of New Othonia (which, by the treaty, will not be called that any more but a name is not set yet).